IMMERSION HEATING SOCKET PLATE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Need help please - am trying to find a replacement 2 gang socket plate - it is an old style for an immersion heater, switch on left heats up half tank and the switch on the right for the full tank. Cannot find one anywhere, does anyone know where I can get one please?

- photo of old switch plate attached

thank you in advance

Steve

Sponsored Links
All the dual immersion switches i've seen for sale were designed for single backboxes. Usually they are also designed with an on off switch and then a switch to select between elements which is not what you are descibing your switch as doing.

Your best option is probablly MK grid plus (there are other grid systems but the MK one is the best known and easiest to buy bits for, different manufacturers grid systems are generally not compatible). This is a modular system where you screw a "grid" to the backbox, insert modules of your choice and then screw on a cover plate. So you can build whatever combination of switches you want (within the switches that are available in grid plus). Note that if you only want two switches on a double socket sized plate you will need to use a three module grid and plate with a blank module.

If you want indication of what the switches do there is a company called enlabel ( http://www.enlabel.co.uk/) who will engrave grid plus plates, it's a bit pricey though. You can also get grid modules with a space to insert a paper label.

am trying to find a replacement 2 gang socket plate
This is a 2-gang socket:

MKK2747.JPG

- photo of old switch plate attached
Where?

Sponsored Links
I would not worry about changing that switch, I would however be very concerned about the age of your electrical installation and the likeleyhood of a rewire being necessary. Can you post a picture of your fusebox and we can tell you if there is any more cause for concern. You probably could make a new switch up from gridswitch components but you need to know whats connected to what first to be able to specify what switches are required

Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back