Immersion hot water switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Immersion hot water switch that need's replacing.

I bought one at the back of the switch I have: Supply E,N,L and Load N,L,E.

In which side do I conact the cable. The old switch dose not have same set up as new one

Can someone please help me thanks

Sponsored Links
The cable that is connected to the immersion goes in to the load side with brown - L, blue - N and green/yellow - E. The incoming cable goes to the supply side in the same configuration! If you have the old colours then brown = red, blue = black and green/yellow remains the same.

Make sure the circuit is isolated before carrying out any work!

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks for that Guy's
But there is only one cable in the old switch not two :confused:
Photograph of the rear of the old 'immersion switch' would be helpful.
Preferably with the wires in situ as they were.
Because, for an immersion switch wired correctly you do need to have two cables - one from the consumer unit to the switch and one from the switch to the immersion.

2 years ago you had no grasp of basic electrics:
Trying to wire up a shad

Got 2X fluorescent lights for inside and x1 outside light (Not fluorescent) that needs to be wired up to a 1 gang 2 way switch

I have a main power board already fited inside

Can someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! :?:

7 months ago you had no grasp of basic electrics:
I want to fit 3LV spot lights in the hallway!

There is an existing ceiling rose that i want to keep running as well. as the spots and switch on the same switch ! Can anyone explain how to wire it up.

I would be grateful for HELP
I would like the existing light to switch on at the same time as the new spot light using the same single gang switch.

And if you could kindly let me know which wires go where from the ceiling rose.

2 weeks ago you had no grasp of basic electrics and still don't seem to have sorted out the job you asked about 2 years ago:
Hi Guy's

I wanted to ask on how to wire up the below:

I have a fluorescent light T5 for indoors and a two gang one way light switchand indoor and a outdoor flood light, the shed had its own DB

HOw do I wire up, The flood light has Live(brown) and neutral(blue)

Can some one please help

Today you still have no grasp of basic electrics.

Either you have zero aptitude or zero interest in learning.

But both alternatives mean you should get an electrician and stop blundering about with things you don't understand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back