Immersion thermostat and thermal cut out

The type on the TLC page has the overheat stat inside rather than remote (the remote type are not at all unusual)

Click on the 7 inch version, this gives a clear view of the reset button.

Only a few minutes work and no draining. just take out existing stat & overheat and wire in the new.

ps. DON'T forget to isolate electric supply before removing cover!

Sponsored Links
I have contacted the manufacturer of the existing thermostat and immersion and they are happy to replace the thermostat free of charge.

However they are stating that this is unlikely to solve the problem alone as it is probably being caused by an air gap at the top of the tank.

If this is the case how would I prevent the air gap?

There is a Surrey Flange on the top of the tank providing a power shower.

Thank you in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
The problem is that for safety reasons there is only a small temperature difference between the HW setting and the o/h stat.

A little scale on the element and they can give nuisence trips.

This problem is that users want the water set to maximum. If its set to the correct 55-60° then there is rarely any problem.

Most replacement stats now include an o/h stat and that can still be used with the elements which have a seperate o/h stat ( which I think is safer! ).

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back