imperial stopcock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an imperial stopcock in my garden and the centre spindle needs replacing can I still get imperial as otherwise it will mean digging up the garden and trying to cut the iron or cast pipe to then fit metric. As the other main stopcock turns off nextdoor as well and it will take some time to do I would prefer to just change the centre spindle plus at 70 I am not as agile as I used to be, Thanks Reg7

Sponsored Links
Hi Reg

Is the stoptap leaking at the spindle or is there another reason why you wish to replace it :?:

Hi Bahco,Thanks for your reply,along with a friend of mine who used to be a plummer we dug out to the stopcock he managed to get the centre out but the jumper was broken,he tried to drill it out but made a mess of it so we had to put it back to be able to get water, the property was built in 1939 so the stopcock could that old,I have water now but cant turn it off in an emergency

Might be better to leave it be if it is not leaking and fit a new stoptap where the pipe enters your property.

You may find it a nightmare job if you disturb it.

Strange it being in the garden though. :D

Sponsored Links
Hi Bahco, thanks again its an idea to think on,as to it being in the garden being strange I agree but then everything in this property is strange one way or another, I think the builders must have spent to much time in the local pub when they were building it

Hi ChrisR, thanks for the reply I will try that, any ideas as to where to try for the FXF as all the plumbing shops I have tried don't seem to have many ideas

reg7, you could try the the local scrap merchants.

Hi jas05, thank for that idea as well, its worth a try

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back