Implications for removing this patio,wall etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are thinking of redesigning our garden and part of this involves this patio area which has a decent drop into the main garden.
Our plan is to create a slope with the step free path.
As you can probably tell the house is built higher up (although it has a suspended floor and the foundations are quite a bit lower.
What implications if any will we have by removing this wall and Changing the height of the land..I don't want to do anything that will affect the house at all.

Attachments

• IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0021.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 106
Sponsored Links
The retaining wall will have been built entirely seperately from the house and unless you plan on dramatatically lowering ground level up at the house I cant see any issue at all.

Your only slight doubt might be the bit that looks like an extension. May be worth digging down to check it is not on a raft footing or super shallow footings as If the ground was bad It could (extremely unlikely) have been built with the raised platform giving a little strength to its edge. It would be dangerous and stupid to have done this but stranger things have happened.

Again I stress its 99% certainty the wall can go with no adverse effect.

On a serperate note its worth nothing that what you have is usually much more desirable than an unusable steep slope.

Thanks for the detailed reply. It's much appreciated. The trouble with our layout is we have to much patio etc and want to change the contours of the garden

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back