Important Information Regarding Uploaded Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you have used ImageHost to host images for use in any forum, be prepared for them to vanish.

See this link for info: http://imagehost.darkernet.co.uk/index.php

There are many pictures in the stickied for reference section that may need ammending.

It would be a good idea for admin to sticky this post.

Sponsored Links
Well spotted Lectrician, if any wants pictures with there posts they can email them to [email protected] and we'll upload them.

We'll go through the FAQs/Stickies and save any images that might be lost after April 30th.

1) Everything on imagehost will have been put there by a member here, so they should still have their originals.

2) Would this be a good time to re-organise the FAQ/For Reference to make it a tad more organised, and to chop out some of the dead wood?

Also, some of the diagrams in there are a bit flaky - no offence, plug, but some of yours are a bit scrappy, and I know that others have been "superceded" by neater ones, e.g. ZenStalinist's earthing drawings compared to Lectrician's...

I'm happy to make a few suggestions..

3) Is there any way you can provide a less cumbersome system for registered members (not guests!) to upload images directly, rather than emailing them?

We've looked into a couple of image upload programs in the past and we've got one on the way that will be kind of linked to the forum. It shouldnt be too far off, hopefully by the end of the month.

Sponsored Links
We've saved as many as we could find, especially from the FAQ/Stick posts so we have a copy if they have been lost, we'll upload them soon.... :)

DIYnot said:
We've looked into a couple of image upload programs in the past and we've got one on the way that will be kind of linked to the forum. It shouldnt be too far off, hopefully by the end of the month.
I promise to behave.

Don't tell Moz, though.... :eek:

On saturday April the 15th 2006 said:
so where is it? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back