Improving water flow rate in a single storey flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

My problem is this - I have recently moved to a new flat which has its own cold water tank above the hot water cylinder (in the same cupboard). The hot water is by electric (there is no gas in the flat). The bottom of the cold water tank is roughly 1300mm from the floor meaning there is not sufficient head in the system to use the shower itegrated with the mixer taps on the bath.

I have looked at using a booster pump such as a triton t40i to improve the flow of the shower but there isnt space to fit it as the water tank is so low.

My second thought was a twin pump under the bath just to boost the flow to the mixer taps (and hence the shower unit). I think this will be ok but am hesitant to get a negative pressure pump as they are a lot more expensive than a standard twim pump. could I use a standard pump (as the mixer taps would generate enough natural flow to initiate the pump) an then divert the water flow to the shower unit?

Any thoughts?

Dave

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back