Improving water pressure on a private water supply??

rocky robin wrote

The water comes from the well

How far away is your well ?
What depth is the well ?
What size piping is used from the well head to your home ?

Sponsored Links
Balenza said:
Doitall wrote

If the well pump is 2bar + an accumulator will hold a constant delivery without any problems.

Yes, providing the accumulator is fitted to the pump set which is normally the case and the pipes are sized accordingly to the point of use.
:(

A change of tune then :eek:

Any system if it is expected to work, must be designed and sized according to demand, and that includes the solar panels on another thread.

Balenza said:
doitall said:
Balenza said:
Doitall wrote

No doubt you installed it for him, which says it all.

No, Im a diyer stating my findings.

Perhaps you should state you're findings on things you know something about then instead of rubbishing something you obviously know nothing about.

Perhaps it was you who installed the system for my neighbour.?
And anyway what makes you think diyers are stupid ?.

I don't install domestic.

And I certainly don't think Diyers are stupid, in their own field they probably have more brains than I will ever have. On the other hand I will never try and tell them how to do their job.

Doitall wrote

A change of tune then

EEr no. Someone earlier was recommending a GAH /UV system which is unecessary in my view.
Once I have the other information that I have asked for then I shall give my options as to what I would do to provide a solution just as if the problem was mine.

Sponsored Links
Doitall wrote

I don't install domestic.

Yes, I know. You swing on industrial stilsons like an apeman.
If you dont install domestic then I think my findings are worth more than the knowledge you have gained whilst doing double sumersaults off the end of your stilson wrench . :rolleyes:

That's the trouble with an internet forum.

Balenza can dole out advice whilst having no experience, and some poor chap could believe him. Add a few a few brickbats, and it looks like he has the tradesman's confident swagger.

If Doitall can see that an accumulator could help the OP, fair play to him.

Accumulators have a role to play and by the sound of it this chap on the side of a mountain may be able to benefit from one. For nth time I am not a GAH salesman and we do not directly sell accumulators of any type.

If Balenza has a mate with one that isn't working properly, rather than ignorantly blame the technology, it would seem more helpful for an expert (like himself) to investigate why it isn't working and solve the problem.

We were asked to look at an accumulator install in Wandsworth only last week, it was performing really badly. The system was poorly designed, and installed by someone with no idea what they were doing. Once the issues were fixed, the customer could not hold his hand under the bath taps.

No diggers were required, no big stilsons. Only our bill to be settled.

DIYers are generally gung ho positive types, luckily only the minority like to masquerade as experts on the internet. Perhaps Balenza is a JCB driver?

Simond wrote

Only our bill to be settled.

How much did you con them out of this time ?
Remember this thread -
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51701&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

and the OP's final reply after 19 pages-

I want to thank everyone for their help but the I now have the answer to my poor flow rate and it's because my pipes were plumbed in incorrectly. After getting an excellent plumber in (not those cowboys that put the megaflo in) it turns out that for reasons unknown my mains pipe is only 15mm from the ground floor stopcock to the middle floor ….

Perhaps I should have said small domestic.

You apply the same rules for commercial and industrial properties as you would a 4bed semi, allbeit a tad larger.

Balenza,

Cheap jibe.

Not constructive.

If you can't help the OP, it would be polite to either educate yourself or refrain from getting involved.

simond said:
Balenza,

Cheap jibe.

Not constructive.

If you can't help the OP, it would be polite to either educate yourself or refrain from getting involved.

Whats the matter ? Just because their not the best solution in the world is not my fault and my neighbour will happily testify to that also .
If the OP gives the info I have asked for I shall attempt to help him.

Balenza said:
Simond wrote

Only our bill to be settled.

How much did you con them out of this time ?
Remember this thread -
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51701&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

and the OP's final reply after 19 pages-

I want to thank everyone for their help but the I now have the answer to my poor flow rate and it's because my pipes were plumbed in incorrectly. After getting an excellent plumber in (not those cowboys that put the megaflo in) it turns out that for reasons unknown my mains pipe is only 15mm from the ground floor stopcock to the middle floor ….

Bad design by someone that hasn't a clue then ballskis.

In this thread the OP has a pump which feeds an storage tank, to increase the pressure, an unvented system using the existing pump would be ideal if designed properly, the accumulator will stop the pump cycling, hold a constant pressure, and as a bonus prolong the life of the pump.

markie said:
No fighting while i'm Modding this site tonight boys :LOL:

Is that a threat :LOL: :LOL:

United were robbed and I ain't very happy, so stay tuned :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

D@m is that off topic :eek:

simond said:
Balenza,

Cheap jibe.

Not constructive.

Simon, unlike our previous disagreement that we sorted like adults in the end because we were at the end of the day both wanting the best professional outcome, I feel you are wasting your breath and banging your head up against the wall with Ball enocks :LOL:

What ever you say you will be wrong , overcharging the customer and ripping them off. in fact if you done a job for him for nothing you would be charging him too much according to him :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back