In response to Bernard Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
The things I want to change are:
1. Alarm companies should have a responsible and open attitude to vulnerability reporting, disclosure and fixing.
2. Standards should be improved to require independent testing of alarms to ensure they match up with marketing (many of them don't, badly).
3. Standards should allow consumers and installers to differentiate between alarms better. At the moment, one grade 2 alarm can be hugely different to another in terms of actual security provided, but by standards they are they same.

Don't think there is much of an argument against any of those.

I'm speaking to people in the working group who are revising the standard about this.

That's a better way of pursuing your aims. Arguments on a DIY forum won't help one iota.

Sponsored Links
So, slowalarms admits he's not approved or professional. He now also admits he fits cheap toot.
Targets little old ladies who worry etc.

Strange how sees a price jump from £150 to £700 for decent kit. Conveniently missing out the bit he's comparing a diy to an installed price. Even then he knows the decent kit can be bought for very similar price as the toot he's pushed on regardless with flogging and installing the toot. Begs the serious question, why?

Now he goes all defensive over Yale whilst refusing to accept the product has weaknesses.
Perhaps he's realised his business model is flawed and that's why he's looking to be employed now.

I am self employed now as I have spent the majority of my adult life. The alarms are and always have been a second string to whatever my 'day' job is.

I love how you and JohnD actually seem to be incapable of responding to questions.

So, slowalarms admits he's not approved or professional. He now also admits he fits cheap toot.
Targets little old ladies who worry etc.

Strange how sees a price jump from £150 to £700 for decent kit. Conveniently missing out the bit he's comparing a diy to an installed price. Even then he knows the decent kit can be bought for very similar price as the toot he's pushed on regardless with flogging and installing the toot. Begs the serious question, why?

Now he goes all defensive over Yale whilst refusing to accept the product has weaknesses.
Perhaps he's realised his business model is flawed and that's why he's looking to be employed now.

I am self employed now as I have spent the majority of my adult life. The alarms are and always have been a second string to whatever my 'day' job is.

Ironic that I have been applying for jobs for over a year and I can't even get to an interview and yet in my last job I had staff working under me that could barely make a cup of tea but were qualified up to the eyeballs. I started up because I literally could not find employment.
So you are now looking for a job?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back