In wall cable replacement for TV?

1 Aug 2018
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi all

I need to run a cable through the wall to my TV. The current cable will not go through the hole I have made due to its shape. It's like this one:

My idea was to buy one of these:

And use one of these as an adaptor:

Can anyone suggest a more cost effective/better way. Or comment on the suitability of this method? What specs/compatibility factors should I consider when selecting a cable?
Sponsored Links
A little surprised you can get a straight one through but not a right angle one.

Why not remove the moulded plug so you can pass the cable through and then put a standard plug on (with appropriate fuse) once the wire is in the wall? Our TV's powercord is fixed and the plug cannot be removed as still under warranty so did similar but with a 1 gang extension lead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links