In wall fire place project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have just had a vented fireplace and marble fire surround removed with a view of replacing both.

Me and the wife have just had the idea of building a fake stud wall chimney breast in the living room and fitting an in the wall modern wide fire place.

I was just after some feedback if this would be possible, to be honest we are not really interested in the fireplace being a real source of heat just more of a visual aid

As mentioned above the old fire is a vented unit with a fan on the external wall.

We also have a 50 inch led tv on the wall above this will be a good meter above so I assume the heat would not be an issue.

Would a fire of this type be ok to fit in a timber frame? And can this type of fire wok without a chimney? We do have a chimney on the roof but it look like its just for show!

Any advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
I think you can get " holographic flame effect fires" like that - in fact it`s something I`m going to look for myself - just for show/effect not a heat source . If I find anything I`ll post back . Good Luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back