Incoming mains - Should I be concerned & what should I d

Has it really taken you 2½ years to reach that conclusion?? :rolleyes:
Do check the dates on topics before replying.
I think it's that wretched list of 'Similar Topics' (most of which are usually ancient) at the bottom of the page which often causes this problem - I've certainly nearly made the mistake several times.

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
Its just that one has to read through 20 or 30 old an irrelavent posts to try and remember/understand what the thread was all about.

Its boring, unnecessary and a waste of time.

Better to start a new topic if you have a new query.

Apology accepted though.

I think it's that wretched list of 'Similar Topics' (most of which are usually ancient) at the bottom of the page which often causes this problem - I've certainly nearly made the mistake several times.
Will that be the same wretched list as the one which clearly shows the dates of the first posts to each entry?

Sponsored Links
Will that be the same wretched list as the one which clearly shows the dates of the first posts to each entry?
It would indeed. However, I'm sure that I'm not the only person who has nearly made (or made) the mistake, by oversight.

More seriously, I wonder if there would be a case for having a ceiling on the age of threads included in that list - particularly given that many of them currently pre-date the current edition of BS7671. OK, so the dates are always there for those who 'take them in' - but, particularly given that this site is targetted at DIYers, I wonder if such a ceiling might help to avoid people being mislead by (admittedly through their own fault) reading obsolete information or advice. If anyone wants to look for older stuff, they can always use the (not very impressive) search facility!

Kind Regards, John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back