Increasing Hot Water Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, newbie here, I've had a trawl through previous posts but I can't find an answer to my problem.

Basically, I am wondering what would be the best way way to increase the hot water pressure to my bathroom/en-suite and possibly kitchen?

The water pressure is terrible in the bathroom (the ceramic disc mixer taps make the problem worse I expect) and not that great in the ensuite or kitchen either. (Regular taps)

I live in a ground floor flat, with a conventional boiler heating a hot water cylinder. The cylinder has an integrated cold water feeder tank on top. Also, all my cold taps are fed off the mains.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

As I'm sure you already know your pressure problem is because you have no head of pressure to push your hot water round.

The ideal solution would be to fit a neg head pump but with your type of cylinder it would empty it in aboute 5 seconds.

Not sure what else to suggest other than possibly getting an un-vented cylinder fitted (depending on your mains flow rate / pressure) or if just to increase performance on shower get a venturi shower unit fitted, but again this would probalby empty your hot weater pretty quickly.

Rico

thanks Rico,

the hot water tank is on the small side so if I stick with my electric shower,

do you think it would be worth installing the negative head pump to feed just the hot water taps?

Alternatively, should I just buy low pressure taps and put up with the naff hot water pressure :)

Its up to you, seems a bit of overkill to fit the pump just for the occasional use of the taps, the pumps are a couple of hundred quid or so.

If you can put up with the naff flow rate, then yes the best thing to do it to refit with low pressure taps.

Rico

Sponsored Links
to be honest, I could probably live with it as it is,
the bird won't be happy though :D

thanks for the advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back