Increasing mains water pressure with Mainsboost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have a combi system and would like to increase the water pressure for all outlets (mainly shower).

I have been looking at the stuart turner mainsboost flomate mbf 12 as this states it increases mains pressure by 1.5bar.

Currently the house has around 13lpm flow and 2.7bar mains pressure. there is a single shower room, GF WC and Kitchen tap so low demand.

The mainsboost mentions that it provides a max flowrate of 12lpm, does this mean that the pump would sit idle as my current mains flow is higher than this? Would i gain any benefit of a mains pump in this setup?

I have also looked into this combi shower pump, has anyone had any experience with this product?

Sponsored Links
Flow and pressure are two different things. Incoming mains would be reduced to 3bar going into the boiler so your hot water would not be affected too much. 2.7 bar is not bad for your demand. How did you confirm the incoming pressure? Check the pressure with a running outlet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back