Indesit BAAN12 Fridge Door Reversal - URGENT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:rolleyes:

Evening All,

My fridge door dropped off this evening! It looks like the bush from the top hinge has disintegrated and worked its way out over time.

I've managed to swap the doors from right hinged to left hinged using the pants instructions in the manual.

The doors line up correctly and the top fridge door closes fine (except being a little loose around the hinge pin due to needing a new bush)

The bottom freezer door however springs back open whenever I close it. I think it has something to do with the little plastic widgets that look something like this:

View media item 87139
Are these handed and if so do I need to replace them when swapping from right to left as they only seem to fit in one way.

The one from the fridge door has broken in half over time so it's just like a bush now and the fridge door closes ok.

The freezer door one is still complete which makes me think that's why the fridge door closes ok but not the freezer.

Any help greatly appreciated. Mrs due home from work in 30mins to a defrosting freezer :eek:

Sponsored Links
Well I've answered the handing question. I broke the widget in two so it was just a bush and binned the directional half and it closes no prob now so I guess I just need some left handed widgets now...

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back