Reversing doors on Hotpoint Fridge Freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Our fridge freezer stopped working yesterday so we have had to have a new one delivered today. It's a Hotpoint HM325FF1. We needed to reverse the doors to open them the other way but the instructions are very poor. My husband has swapped the hinges etc (mostly through guesswork) but now the fridge door is not sealed on the hinge side at the top. The actual seal is narrower at the top so I don't know if this is a problem with the actual door or a problem with the way we have fitted it. It seems the hinge at the top sticks out slightly too far but we can't see any other way of fitting it? I have attached pic of the top of the fridge door so you can see the gap. Also, there is a long grey sticky backed strip with the FF. Any ideas what that is for? Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
There is no photo. Is there a phone number for customer service with the fridge freezer? It might be worth giving them a ring to ask their advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back