Indesit Cooker will not stop heating up...!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Background -

Replaced a blown oven base element, which was tripping the fuse.

The oven was now on ALL the time.
Oven function switch at fault, two contacts had welded together.
Replaced that.

Now the oven will not stop heating up.
Have tried disconnecting the thermostat, but still it heats up, as if the stat is no longer in the wiring circuit..

Thinking I may have messed up wiring the function switch??
But everything else works, the power goes to the correct elements when using the switch, they just won't stop heating up...?

Have emailed Indesit for a wiring diagram, haven't heard from them as yet.

Anyone shed any light?

Thanks,
Bling.

p.s. It's an Indesit KP9508E Range Cooker.

Sponsored Links
I guess the wiring to the function switch has been reversed....so the switch is effectively bypassed?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Yeah, seems like somehow I've bypassed the switch.

Normally I'd have taken a photo of the wiring. But it looked simple enough, plus space was tight.

Indesit replied -

Unfortunately we are unable to provide any wiring diagrams, if you are stuck you can call our Chargeable Line on 08448 224 224 and they can give you prices and availability for an engineer's visit.

Kind Regards

Indesit replied -

Unfortunately we are unable to provide any wiring diagrams, if you are stuck you can call our Chargeable Line on 08448 224 224 and they can give you prices and availability for an engineer's visit.
/

I'm sorry to say if that was the reply I had received, my reply to them would have been to advise they had lost a customer, and a replacement appliance would be sought from a rival manufacturer. (Polite version!!!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back