Indesit IF89KGPAIXUK oven not heating after new element

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a an Indesit IF89KGPAIXUK fan assisted oven, it wasn't heating up to full temp so thinking it was the element I replaced it with a genuine one.

I then fired the oven up and set it to 220, normally before it would "ping" when it reached the correct temp but this doesn't. It gets warmish but not enough to say cook oven chips which would normally be on 200-210.

I have noticed it makes a funny light click noise every minute or so , I checked the fan and it runs fine and stops when the door is closed.

anyone any idea's please as I'm stumped.

P.S just noticed the grill isn't working , why would this affect the oven ? I also took the lid off and powered it up. The motherboard makes a click from the motherboard replay , the one nearest to the back of the oven. It makes a spark and clicks every 30-40 secsonds. The oven never feels like it goes to full heat.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
I located the temp probe, mine is slightly different as it doesn't go straight and clip to the temp switch on the front of the oven but it goes to a motherboard and clips into that and from the mobo to the switch.

I unscrewed the probe then unclipped it from the mobo and checked it with the meter following this guide ;-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWJOLFW2aw0

and if I set my meter to the lowest which is 200 I get nothing. If I set it to 2k I get a reading of .540'ish but def nothing on the lowest (200) which the 2 guides says to do.

I'm no spark so would you say its blown/faulty ?

I noticed the two relays on the motherboard click alot when heating , they are both JQX-115F 12VCD should I change these ?

Sponsored Links
Just to go back a step...

When you turn on the oven, do you have a ligh that comes on when the oven is heating up?

If not (going by my experience) it was the thermostat.

Mine didnt make any clicking noises.. different make (DeLonghi)
It ran as normal, but the "heating up" led just stayed off.

dont think your being ignored.. just think theres a shortage of people on this department.

Have you tested the thermostat with a multimeter?

just realised... the clicking could be the oven turning off the element cos the thermostat isnt telling it to heat?

The oven gets hot but never got enough if you know what i mean. I did test the oven sensor it doesn't give a reading. The grill doesn't work either, there is no light that comes on when heating up, it uses a beep noise when it reaches the correct temp.
Thing is it never reaches the right temp so it never beeps. I've booked a guy to run a diagnostics on it for £10 in the morn. I think there a port on the top you can plug into, well it looks like a port.

thanks for the help.

I had a call from the repair shop today, a Hotpoint guy took a look and said the power board (circuit board) needs replacing at a cost of a # £130 which seems awful dear tbh,

My questions are :-

If the power board is dead would nothing work or light up ?,

Do you have to have the new power board programmed once it's been installed or can you buy one that's already done so it's a case of a hot swap ?,

With a new elementjust been fitted, is it worth me having it repaired or just get shut ?,
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I would get indesit out to repair it. It will cost you 110.00 parts and labour. The pcb is not plug and play it needs programming.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back