Indesit D41 keeps tripping power supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I've just replaced the drain pump on my D41 as it wasn't working, and thusly not moving on to the next cycle. It is now working fine and after a quick test wash, it goes through the rinse cycle, pumps the water out through the drainage pipe, goes on to the wash cycle but then trips the electricity supply.
The overflow tray has been pretty full everytime i have checked it afterwards, is this normal? If i tip the water out i can reset it the machine abnd start it again, but it only gets to the same point.
Help.

Sponsored Links
mend the water leak.

Might be rubber washer/O ring needed, might be something not tight.

Cheers John.

Excuse my ignorance, but in an ideal world should the overflow tray be totally dry all the time and be there as a failsafe?

I'll search for the leak tonight.

Thanks a lot.

Don't know.

But as you say it keeps tripping the power supply (by which I presume you mean the RCD) then it is most often caused by water and electricity getting together.

As you have receently changed the pump, and you say you are finding water in the machine, it sounds to me like you have a water leak that is causing the problem and reaching electrical parts.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back