Indesit DL535 odd problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a indesit DL535 which is about 3 yrs old.
It recently stopped draining so I checked all hoses and the little wheel inside the pump and all appeared ok.
I then tried it on a rapid wash which should take 25 minutes.
It started off on the 2nd light and made what sounded like the usual noises but it then moved onto the first light and continually flashed.
It was still running after 40 minutes so I turned it off and when looking inside it was bone dry.

I'm therefore totally lost as to what the problem could be. initially it looked like a draining issue but now looks like it's not even filling. Added to that the flashing first light supposedly means water in the bottom, but there is none?

When I took the bottom off there is a cylinder which i believe is where the salt goes in and that is full of water. I assume that should be like that?

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
If theres no water in the base has the float switch on the base jammed

Hi Rocks, The polystyrene (styrofoam) float moves freely. I was concerned i hadn't connected the plug back the correct way around but tried both ways and get the same problem. the switch has 3 prongs but the plug 2 but i'm sure i have it on the correct 2.

Regards

disconnect the plug and what do u get same fault or does it work.

Sponsored Links
OK disconnected the float switch and put on setting no2.
started ok on light no2, sounding like water was flowing then it switched to light no1 and is flashing constantly. it's still going so i don't know if the flashing is normal or not

When I tilted the dishwasher back prior to taking the bottom off, a lot of water came out. I don't know if that is just reminants of the last time i tried it or not. is that normal
i can't see any leaks from anywhere.

apologies my question mark key isn't working! another thing that needs fixing!

Right dry the base out and reconnect the float you have a water leak poss from bottom spray arm loose or salt pot loose , also remove base screws the 3 at the rear of base tilt it forward with a torch shine it in there to see where the leak is.

I've had the bottom off 3 times now and checked all the hoses etc and can't see a leak anywhere?. The bottom spray arm does wobble but i think thats normal? i've taken it off and connected it again but it only does a half turn to lock. and that wouldn't leak below the machine would it? theres no water inside the machine either. same again for the salt pot i checked the hose for that and it looks ok? the salt pot cylinder is full of water all the time. I assume thats normal? and there is an orange/brown section which looks like some sort of crystal filter.

Also the confusing thing is the original problem was that the machine wouldnt drain?

Regards

If you checked drain pump did u put the O ring back on the pump. It's pos leaks from there. Yes the salt pot has water in it and yes that's the right colour. If it was not draining the blockage has poss fallen out. Now to cure the leak.

You were right rocks, i undid the base panel and tilted it as you suggested and saw a leak from the pump. The O ring was in there though. So i've taken it off and put some lsx leak sealant on it and put it back together. I need to give it an hour to set then i'll try it again. I'm not sure which way round the float plug goes but i know which two prongs as they are shiny. Hopefully I have it the right way around!
I'll let you know how it goes and thanks for the help. it is much appreciated. :D

Well the leak has stopped but something still isn't right.
The washer appears to be running normally and ending with the 4th drying light flashing, which i think is the norm.
But the rinse doesn't seem to be taking place? I am left with a lot of foaming detergent at the bottom of the machine and it looks like the drying hasn't happened either as the dishes are still wet.

I've tried on settings 2 and 4 and gaet the same with both. Also ther appears to be some water in the filter drain too.

Any ideas?

Does it get hot , are u using 4 in 1 and rinse. Don't. Any lights glazing if not it's ok.

Hi Rocks, I'm not sure if it was hot now you mention it. Also my wife seems to think the 4th light flashes faster than usual. She seems to think it flashed slower to say it had finished previously.

whats 4 in 1? we use dishwasher tablets which you either put in the drawer or just leave on the shelf. Same as we have always used.

This is just getting more confusing? my initial problem was it not draining which now seems ok.
Would it not heating cause it not to rinse and dry? is there a way to tell if the 4th light flashing is normal or is an error?
I'll need to run it again to confirm if it's heating.

thanks

4 in 1 is the tablet it has loads of stuff in it u can get 6 in 1 and 10 in 1. You must not use salt or rinse aid with these cos it causes over foaming. Put it on a quick wash and shut dispenser lid then run it after 5 mins dispenser should open that means heaters working. After another 5 it should be warmish. Also check the thermistor is attached the rear of the dispenser. Remove front panel to see this.

We had a few occasions where the dispenser lid didn't open so usually just put the tablet on the top shelf, which is what my wife did this time.
What relation has the dispenser opening and the heating got? i assumed that opening was timing related?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back