Indesit DL535 odd problem

Tablet should not go on top shelve. You can put it in the base. Once water heats up it sprays water onto the door where the themistor is and opens the dispenser if the spray arms are blocked it won't open.

Sponsored Links
Hi Rocks, I ran a number 2 cycle with an empty machine and no tablet and indeed it didn't appear to be hot at the end when i opened the door.
Does that mean the element has gone?

Regards

Did the dispenser open. Can you test heater put it on ohms.

Just a thought check that u haven't knocked a wire off the heater as it was poss working before the pump prob.

Sponsored Links
I didn't close the dispenser. as i said we always leave it open and it worked ok previously.
I don't have a multimeter but will get one. I'll have to take it apart and check theres no loose connections but i'm not sure what the heater lloks like. I take it it will connect to the heating element?
Am I just being unlucky or can the not heating be related to the not draining original issue? I notice theres still about an inch or so of water in the bottom of the filter. Should that not clear totally?

No water stays in the to keep smells out bit like a drain. The heater is just one. Either a L shaped in the base as you open the door or a tubular one under the tub.

yes mines an L shaped inside. I'll have to check the connections underneath. Sounds like i'm creating more faults than solving!

Hi Rocks, O had the bottom off the dw again and chacked all the wire connections and they all looked ok. I tried a wash again but it's definately not heating the water. The tablet dispenser door opened.
Does that mean I need a new element?

regards

Its either heater or Pcb can u check the heater with a meter set to ohms.

I need to buy a meter. When you say the heater, do you mean the element? and do i test the 2 points underneath where the wires plug in?
where would i find the pcb?

Yes that's correct. The Pcb is in the top of the door. Normally the heater relay goes on the Pcb. They cost about 50 quid for a new one. As the dispenser opens im sure the Pcb is at fault just check that the thermistor has not come off , remove the outer door panel and make sure it's connected at the rear of the dispenser.

Hi Rocks, I checked the pcb and all connections looked ok. Tried a number 4 wash (25 mins) and again, tablet draw opened within a few minutes but the machine was not hot.
I've bought a cheap multimeter but not sure what i'm doing with it.
Under resistance it has the following settings
200, 2000, 20k, 200k,2000k. Which settings should I put it on and what sort of reading should i get from the heating element?

Re PCB, does it have to be a pcb for my exact model (indesit IDL535) or are there others that willl work? I may see if theres any second hand on ebay. If not i'll get a new one.

Regards
Andy

Put it on ohms. Should be about 30 ohms ish. Yes the Pcb has to be the right one. If Pcb is faulty have you tried emw for a exchange Pcb.

Which one on ohms? the ohms section has 5 settings from 200 to 200k

Whats emw?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back