Indesit dryer pumping continuously

Sponsored Links
Doubt it should be running continuously, it's not going to make it very energy efficient.

Did you try contacting indesit? Most manufacturers have technical help departments, though when I rang indesit to ask why my dishwasher didn't have a program for tablets I couldn't really make and sense of the Indian lady on the other end of the phone, and she was only reading the manual out to me anyway.. I'd write your query via email

Consider returning it for an exchange, if the next one does it then it's probably normal. If you bought local, maybe visit the shop and ask them if they will run the display model through a drying cycle for you

I've a Bosch heat pump dryer, very impressed. It makes all sorts of noises while running, and the manual specifically describes all the noises and what they mean, perhaps to head off customer complaints. it makes pumping noises nearly all the time, though you can tell when it's pumping the condensate down the drain as the noise is slightly different.

Sponsored Links
Rang indesit.She said they have no help dept so she would send a repair man out but if he found no fault,I would have to pay the call out fee which I thought was a bit mental as it's under gaurantee.
He came out and said all was ok but I point out a hose at the back that looked kinked and all of a sudden he said that was the problem,said he'd send one out and left. I looked st the dryer and tried a few things.filled sump with water and it lifted float switch and pumped.
See I don't know if the float switch is catching and staying on or is it staying on or is the water that is in the hose enough to trigger the float if the float is set too low and continuously stays on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back