Indesit dryer thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have an indesit IS31v tumble dryer which needs the thermostat replacing. I know there is 2 of these to be replaced but what is confusing me is the coloured spot one of them has on it.
The spot is a brown colour on the one I have but when I looked online for spares some replacements for this model have a white spot.
So can it have either colour?
Also I have found on eBay thermostats with a white spot much cheaper but they don't list my model number. Will these be ok for mine?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
There is either a pin hole in the top of the stat. Reset with a pin. Or throw stat on floor to reset.

Sponsored Links
Hey it worked your a star thanks so much.
Just hope it doesnt keep doing it now.

Don't keep opening the door during drying. And make sure it has plenty of air flow round it and it won't pop the stat. That's the cause of the stats going.

ok thanks. one thing i have noticed is it doesnt do the last ten minutes of the cycle which was the cooling bit. The timer gets to that bit then the machine stops. Could that be the reason it tripped as well?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back