Indesit IDL 530 tripping house fuses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

It started doing this only with the door closed and on. I have taken the front panel off. All seems ok. Tipped it to the side and loads of water came out? Tried and now even with door open it tripped. Would it be a leak? Heater element gone? Something else?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
the thing that is tripping

I have an idea that is not a fuse, I think it is probably an RCD. It will have a button on it marked "T" or "Test" and various words and numbers, among which will be "30mA" or "0.003A"

Am I right?

then you have an electrical fault to earth.

It might be the heating element, their insulation often breaks down with age,

it might be an internal water leak. if you mean water came out (and not through the waste hose or the door) when you tipped it, then it has a leak.

it might be that the flex or plug has been damaged

it might just possibly be carbon dust in the motor

you will get a clue from what the machine is doing when it trips - filling, heating, spinning, pumping out, or nothing.

Sponsored Links
thanks, it trips as soon as it is on and the door shuts and hence another switch comes on

what would you suggest? i am not sure where the water came out with i tipped it

can at least change the plug for now.....

how can you check heater earth? heater is inside, can't see how to get to it as under looks sealed...

same for motor

and can you cure leaks? starting to think it is time to look on ebay for local replacement dishwasher?

thanks
:)

our washing machine just exploded as well

was making grinding noises, got worse, whole drum now loose and wobbles around everywhere and gap between it and rubber

a candy aquaviva 1000

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back