Indesit IWDD 7143 fault code F15

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fault code F15 on my washer dryer which means water not being pumped out. I have managed to get the water out of the machine and took the hose off from the pump. It was completely blocked just above the pump so I cleared the gunk and restarted the machine.

Water now flows out of the hose when I put it on the 3 minute drain cycle but as soon as the water is pumped out and the drum starts to fill with water the F15 error code comes on again. I repeated the sequence again and the identical thing happens when on the drain cycle. It will pump water out but as soon as this stops and it starts to fill up with water the error code appears.

Any ideas as to what the issue could be as I assume the pump is working OK because the water comes out of the hose at a decent flow rate.

Sponsored Links
Did you clean out the pump housing & filter & is the pressure switch tube connected to the pump housing or the back of the drum.

Hi jj4091

Yes I cleaned the pump housing and filter. The pressure switch tube is connected to the drum.

I have noticed that on some machines that error code 15 has something to do with the drying heater relay. On inspecting the fan and the housing the fan has melted and it is quite badly burnt. The mrs said it was on a drying cycle when she could smell burning so maybe it was just coincidental that the hose was blocked at the point where it connected to the drain pump.

Will have to give Indesit a call with regards to the melted fan.

Thanks for your input.

Hi

Just an update and for information.

It turns out that the heater element for the dryer had gone faulty also. Once this was changed the washer dryer started working again. I can only assume that the F15 code which I thought from checking was a blockage was with regards to the heating element and it was probably just coincidence that the drain pump where it connects to the hose was blocked.

Sponsored Links
Washer/dryers are notorious for breaking down , I've had a couple and on both times it's been some part of the drying side which is faulty.

Glad you got it sorted though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back