Indesit IWME 126

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have got myself a fairly new Indesit IWME 126 from a local auction. It was a 14 day return or similar.

The problem is that it refuses to spin it's drum. The water inlet valve works fine, and it will drain fine too. What it won't do is run any program that requires the drum to turn.

On the spin program, it drains fine, then waits some time, then drains again, as though it thinks it is spinning the drum.

I have had the motor off to see the condition of the brushes, and as I suspected they are fine (it is less than a year old according to one label I have found stuck to it)

Does anyone have any ideas how I can go about troubleshooting the problem.

cheers

Sponsored Links
The 4 function LED's above the rotary controls signal an error code & flash in various sequences when problems occur. What is the LED status? (i.e which ones are flashing). Count L to R, one to four.

The leds don't flash any error code sequences. They do come on, but they only show that the machine is running its program.

The door lock light does flash when no program is selected, but I assume this is expected.

Sponsored Links
Taking it back isn't an option. I got it from an auction sold as seen. It only cost £20 so I'm happy to spend some to fix it.

You say the pcb is shot, is this the one behind the controls, or the one at the bottom rear of the machine?

Pcb is at the back cost £80.00 plus a smart card £10.00 then a reader to write it £150.00. Or call hotpoint all in charge parts and labour, £110.00 or recon pcb from emw £45.00. Your call. !!!!

Quite pricey! When did washing machines get smartcards???

You mentioned emw, whats that? £45 wouldn't be so bad if it sorted the problem.

Smart cards been around since 2005 , it's on dishwashers and cookers and fridges. It monitors the usage and writes the chip bit like the plug in bit in a car to check the circuit. Emw are in Nottingham they do ex pcbs. Google emw electronics

So I have sent the pcb into emw electronics, they have tested it and found no faults. What else could be wrong?

Hi I know this is an old post but worth a shot. I have the same problem with my machine same make and model. It does spin some the two lights flashing are the t shirt and the iron. Any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back