indesit w101

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all

some help with my washer would be much appreciated, all was well until this afternoon selected program and the machine started to fill then the power light flashed very quickly and the machine began to drain whilst the program selector was turning and only shutting off the power would stop it.
Had a quick look inside not a lot to see apart from the unit behind the program selector are these a likely suspect.

cheers
1chunky

Sponsored Links
cant find the manual got a feeling it was filed in the bin, have tried it several times and it does the same thing unless you pull the plug then it will start the program and then empty and the selector starts clicking again

check the indesit website for a manual, or call them.

it sounds like this flashing light is indicating something is wrong, but without further info, not a lot i can suggest. sorry :cry:

Sponsored Links
found the manual followed the reset procedure still the same, they say if the light flashes i have a problem :LOL:
I'll give them a call tomorrow see if they can shed any light on it, many thanks for the replies

just reading through some other posts it seems this is a common fault with the indesit machine, anyone found a solution yet?

FIXED IT :LOL:

it was the program selector!!

decided after having a look inside there wasnt an awful lot to go wrong, and it was between the selector or the main circuit board.
Off to the spares shop and after discussion with them the new selector was ordered.
Fitted it earlier and so far so good..........and the part a reasonable £20

well the machine threw its hand in again, same problem as before so had a good check through it and everything came back to the printed circuit board.
Made some inquiries with various places today and they all said very very common, the maker is aware and has no remedy.
Only one place would sell the board the others saying a waste of time as no guarantee of how long it would last before doing the same thing again.
So off for a new machine it seems, on a brighter note the people who made the boards have since gone out of business so newer machines should not have this problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back