Indesit W123 - Belt keeps slipping on spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The belt on my machine kept slipping off when the cycle went into spin mode. I took the belt to my local dealer who explained that there was nothing wrong with it. He suggested that i tried spinning the drum, and if there was any rattling noises, then the bearing may have gone. I tried this but the drum spun perfect, with no noises.

I went to another dealer and bought a new belt and yip, it made no difference, the new belt would fall off during spin mode (yes I know I should have listened in the first place :oops: ).

Any suggestions please, this is driving me crazy.

Technophobic woman................ :(

Jackie

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wow, after reading replies to other msgs regarding spinning, I thought I'd check the pump, concrete blocks etc. As I was doing this I discovered a metal plate conecting the motor to the shock absorbers (sorry not sure what the term is for these) had snapped !!!!!!!!!! Hopefully this is what has been causing the problem and its not another problem I've created whilst willing my machine to spin.

Does anyone have any idea what this part is called or where I'm likely to purchase it from etc.

Cheers

Jackie :D

Sponsored Links
I can't find a part number for this item but suggest you take the broken bits to your first dealer (the one who did himself out of a sale by being honest) and see if he can get you a replacement.

part you describe is called a cradle , there are 2 different ones for this model dependent on serial number , up to serial no 30127.0000 part number c00066074 , after serial no 30127.0001 part number is c00093878 . can be obtained from indesit direct and are not too expensive either

Sponsored Links
your machine will almost certainly have an orange sticker on it giving you a number for spares. personally i don't order from them, but a one-off retail purchase may not be as bad as you may think. also the number will be in your booklet, or try phone book for meloni domestic appliances.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back