Indesit W123 Washing machine fault

Bry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This machine has 2 dials to r/h side of the panel. The far r/h dial is the programme selector and moves clockwise to indicate progress of the cycle. On selecting a programme (Normally No. 3), the neon indicator blinks as it should, then settles to 'on'. The machine takes in water, takes soap powder from the dispenser but then the dial starts to move quickly around the programme. It does not stop at the 'end of prog.' point but continues to rotate. It takes about 40 secs. to rotate right around and continues to rotate.
This fault occurred recently and on one occasion after this fault appeared it managed to complete a wash cycle in the normal way.
All mechanical functions appeared operational, therefore. It washed, it spun, it emptied - all appeared normal.
Help!!

Sponsored Links
call indesit. :(
normaly a programmer only moves when each stage has been completed, it waits for "inputs" before moving on, such as correct temerature of water etc, if it does not wait it could be the programmer itself, or it could be something else.

the problem is that sometimes the programmer appears to be at fault, but in actual fact it is just waiting for something to happen, so stops. but to go as yours does, i have never heard of, it may be a known problem, hence call indesit

Thanks for the trouble, Breezer.
I always seem to get the difficult ones that people haven't come across before!

Sponsored Links
Had a similar problem with this machine...turned out I'd moved the program selector when machine was on or wasn't reset. To reset, need to move selector to stop position(marked by a spot)...after few seconds will reset. If then turn off machine, move selector to program required then turn on, selector doesn't do this...at least it didn't in my case! If you try to move selector to another position once a program has already been chosen dial clicks all way round.

Hope this makes sense and is of help :LOL:

Noodlz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back