indesit w133

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a indesit w133 washing machine. Firstly, no action, no neon power light, nothing. Unplugged, checked supply-ok. plugged in again, neon light this time (almost like something had been reset by this action). Now no matter what programme number is set, after approx 15 seconds the programmer knob clicks around to the rinse position (after prog 4 position)and sits there, nothing else happens. Also another thing I have noticed is that before the machine developed this fault, the neon would blink twice to signify acceptance of the set programme after pushing the on button. It does not do this now. machine is approx 3 yrs old and has given us no trouble until now.

Sponsored Links
With the door closed and the machine switched on, what happens when the knob is turned to the next black dot? The neon should flash. Is the water turned on?

Neon did flash when knob turned to next black dot. Yes water is turned on. Does this info help with diagnostic? and thankyou very much for reply.

From my limited knowledge, if nothing happens when the knob is turned to the next 'start' number, it indicates a faulty programmer.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that Johndug.

Is anyone else familiar with the w133?. if so can they confirm Johndug's diagnosis? or suggest any other ideas. Thankyou

Problem solved!!! I have just replaced the motor brushes eureka!! the machine works again.
For any one else with one of these machines going faulty in the future, look for the simple things first.
This machine's eprom/computer detected the fault and basically shut it down. It's just a pity the manufacturers don't tell us this in the manual. It would be useful if they could include a list of fault codes (flashing neon) in the manual!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back