Indesit washer/dryer WD12x leaking from soap drawer housing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Indesit WD12x washer dryer which leaks from the soap dispenser drawer housing. I have removed the lid of the machine and can see that the there are 4 plastic clips on the outside of the curved part of the housing and the water drips out underneath the 3rd clip, around 1 drip per 1 or 2 seconds, onto the drum . I have not undone the clips as the drawer housing narrows off into a straight section that connects to the water inlet pipes, and I don't want to undo the screws holding it down in case there is a gasket that I might disturb. If I could open these catches it looks like the housing would open up (like a sandwich toaster). The housing has a 5mm lip running round the top and a 9mm lip on the bottom section. It looks like there is a 9mm vertical split in the plastic on the bottom lip inbetween the 2nd and 3rd clip. The soap dispenser drawer is clean and I have poked a pipe cleaner into the water holes that feed into the soap drawer. Do I need a new housing or is there something easier I can try. If I need a new housing, do you know what part number I need and is it something a girlie can do!? On a less important note, I have given up using conditioner in the machine as it just tends to sit in the drawer and doesn't go anywhere! The liquid detergent always disappears, but not the conditioner. Any bright ideas? Many Thanks, Caron

Thanks

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=216193#ixzz2JNTvqs

Sponsored Links
Not familiar with this model but if the conditioner isn't emptying then the syphon tube is probably blocked. They need washing through every so often. You should be able to remove the conditioner part and wash it thoroughly then clip back in again. You might find (if you haven't already tried) that taking out the whole draw and washing it might solve the leak problem too.

Are you saying the plastic has cracked and water is seeping out of the crack? If so you could try roughening the cracked area with a bit of fine sandpaper and smearing some araldite adhesive over it.

Sponsored Links
Yes, the plastic looks like it has a crack in it, but the water drips out a few inches away from the split. I think glue could be an easy option. I have some araldite and some Gorilla glue, so I will give that a go. Thank you

The Gorilla glue would not be suitable as it acts like expanding foam and could be porous + messy.

Ah! Glad I mentioned it. OK I will use the araldite. Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back