LG F1296TDA Washing Machine leaking from ABOVE the dispenser drawer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

As per the photos, water is somehow coming out at the top of my detergent/soap drawer. It then runs down the inside of the machine to emerge at the front left foot (as you look at the washer).

Things I have checked:

Water pressure too high - No
Clogged holes in the roof of the drawer where the water emerges to mix with the powder - No
Main drain (on bottom front right of the machine) blocked - No
Loose screws holding the front panel to the dispenser drawer - No

I just don't see how so much water can somehow be spraying upwards from the drawer. (There's an enormous pool on the floor sometimes.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20221117_123406.jpg
    IMG_20221117_123406.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20221117_123421.jpg
    IMG_20221117_123421.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20221117_123430.jpg
    IMG_20221117_123430.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20221117_123449.jpg
    IMG_20221117_123449.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The left hand side of the top panel is recessed back front the front edge of the bottom tray and thta seems to be where the water is comming from. Tug it forward so the top and bottom line up.

Thanks for replying. It seems to be fixed.

Apologies for the shoddy camera-work in these videos, but they do demonstrate the issue while the washer was running. I really couldn't find much amiss at all tbh.

I hence think there might have been an issue with the water pressure being high and the washer leaning forwards somewhat and the dispenser drawer housing having slipped backwards a little due to agitation over time. Together, when water entered the drawer from the ceiling holes (as normal), it came in a little too quickly. It then ran back down the drawer (as normal), but because there was a bit too much of it, instead of it all immediately running down the hole, into the rubber pipe and thence the drum, the aforementioned factors meant that some of it was running forwards, underneath the drawer, and from there down into the body of the machine, eventually finding its way out at the feet.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back