indesit washer/dryer wdg1195w

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anybody help, my indesit WDG1195W has no rotation or spin cycle, is it bin fodder, or worth repairing?

I've checked the belt, all seems well there, i'm asking the forum for any comments, before the wife drags me onto the high street for a replacement.

Sponsored Links
How old, has it just happened, was it making any noises ? etc, etc.
Can you turn the drum by hand i.e. are the bearing seized ? If ok, slip the belt off and run (keeping fingers out), does the motor turn ? If not, check the motor brushes, they should be at least 5m+ and shinny on the ends, not pitted. If they are shorter than this and / or pitted, change them.

about 20mm on the bushes, i swapped them around, even with no drive belt there is still no drive, i've checked for any blockage, nothing there. no strange noises prior to the unit failing, i've removed the pwb mounted at the bottom, no burnt out components and the fuse seems ok.

These are rubbish at best, cheap and nasty at worst, IMO.

There is a removeable eeprom on the board and this is the usual trouble when no drum action, however low brushes causing carbonisation on the armature, leading too shorting quite often blows the unit.

Do yourself a favour, ditch it and go buy a decent appliance.

AF

Sponsored Links
ApplianceForce said:
These are rubbish at best, cheap and nasty at worst, IMO.

Do yourself a favour, ditch it and go buy a decent appliance.

AF
Do you have any particular favourite(s) AF?

I have a Bosch entering its 12th year which cost £450.00 all those years ago. I have replaced the pump (noisy) door seal(worn out) last year.

So I guess the saying you get what you pay for is relevant to my experience.

AF

Indesit own Hotpoint, Creda, Ariston and Indesit brand names amongst others so it's not so simple as getting a different name machine. All of the above are skip fodder out of the box.

I'd just like to say that I've had an Indesit washing machine WDG1195W for 11 years and it has only just keeled over (bearings I think).
11 years with no problems whatsoever - maybe I was lucky?

15 or 16 years with an indesit wn1263wg.
Brushes about 7 years ago, and now, reading the above, I suspect carbonisation has caused some motor fields to short. It's my own fault, I didn't clean the armature 7 years ago.
I will resuscitate it, because I read that modern day indesits are not as good.

Jim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back