Indesit washer dryer with dryer function disabled

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my landlord has supplied me with an indesit washer dryer but it only works on a wash function.
I reported that the drying function does not work and he stated that the machine has been 'disabled' by one of his contractors.
Can anyone tell me if this is safe to use and whether or not this tampering with an appliance is legal or contravenes H&S legislation?

Many thanks in advance for any replies,

Rob.

Sponsored Links
Why has he done it ,did the dryer work or it may be faulty. If he's has taped wires up then yes it's been bodged. If you want it working remove the lid and look to see if the wires have been cut.

Thanks fir the reply. I'm not too bothered about being without the dryer function it's more a case of I just want to be sure that the modifying of the machine so that the dryer function has been disabled is not in anyway dangerous.

Cheers,

Rob.

Sponsored Links
By disabling he probably means the element went down and it has been disconnected. I wouldnt accept it, but its up to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back