Indesit WD125 not drying clothes, just steaming them :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have an Indesit WD125, which has been nothing but a problem. Occasionally, when you select a wash/dry cycle, the program dial will either click round straight away, or click round after completing part/half/nearly all of the cycle. This problem is intermittent so isn't that important at the moment. The main problem I have is that the built in tumble dryer is not drying clothes anymore, I believe its just steaming them. I put half a load in for tumble drying this morning and put the tumble dry time on 150mins. When the program was finished, the clothes were very very hot and still as wet as before.

If someone can assist, I will be eternally grateful!!!

Sponsored Links
can you tell me how to get to the condenser? I know there is usually somewhere like a door or hatch that allows you access to it, but I have had a good look and cannot find any openings to allow access to it.

Sponsored Links
It's attached to the back of the outer tub. It's a pig of a job to get off and not for the faint hearted.
If you look inside your machine you'll see the condenser unit coming from the outer tub up to the blower fan assembly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back