Indesit washer dryer - dryer heats up but clothes stay wet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tumble drying function seems to have stopped working.

On a normal wash cycle all the water drains out fine. On the drying cycle the clothes seem to dry very very slowly though in some instances actually seem to get wetter. Can anyone offer any advice as to what the problem may be?

Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
Trying to dry a full load instead of half the load.
Condenser partially blocked.
Not taking in cold water to condense the steam.

Any of the above can cause your problem.

The load size is only small so my guess is that it is either the condenser partially blocked or not taking in cold water to condense the steam.

How would i go about checking either of these?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

take the grey waste pipe out while its dring (you will need a bowl or bucket) you should get water running out (not a lot but constantly)

Sponsored Links
Water runs out but in spurts, probably 2-3 mins apart. Then there is no water flow at all i.e. no constant flow.

sounds vaguely right, but it does meamn cold water is coming in, so it looks like the condensor or fan :cry:

I'm guessing from your face that's not a good thing. Anything I can do to try and find the fault or repair the situation?

Or is it time to get a pro in to have a look or consider cutting my losses?

i would take the condensor off and clean it out and look at the fan, but i dont know your make so i can not advise you how to proceed :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back