Indesit WG1034T not advancing through cycles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 3-year old Indesit WG1034T gets stuck when it gets to number 2 and number 3 in the cycle programme and I have to advance it manually. Looking through other topics it appears that it might be a faulty valve. Does this sound right and is replacing it a DIY job?

Cheers, James

Sponsored Links
#2 and #3 on the programme dial.

The full scenario is:

- Set the washing machine to cycle 1 (Hot, white wash)
- Washing machine starts fine
- Programme dial gently turns as the machine goes
- Programme dial gets to #2 and everything stops - normally the maching would carry straight on into the next part of the washing cycle
- I advance the dial manually and everything continues on fine until it reaches #3 and it stops again
- I advance the dial manually again and the machine continues the rest of the full programme going through #4-7 inc the spin at the end

Sorry for not being clearer the first time.

Most likely heater or thermostat fault. Check these before deciding it's the timer.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

Sponsored Links
jfeb, now i see what you mean, i also concur with tiredengineer, often people blame the timer, but actualy it is more than a timer, it is more a programme runner, as it waits for things to happen before it continues with the next task, in this case it is waiting for the stat to say the water is hot enough, but if the heater is not working it will sit there for a very long time

So even though the machine has a hot water inlet it still has a heater?

jfeb said:
So even though the machine has a hot water inlet it still has a heater?

yes

all progs used mixed fill (H & C) up to 40 degrees, 60 & 90 are hot fill only.

rinse & conditioner are only cold

when it fills the temp is never at wht you set it for say 40, the timer stops the heater comes on and heats to .......40, then when at 40 it carries on

easy way to test it is after initial fill and it "waits" open the soap drawer and listen (very carefully) you should here something like a kettle boiling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back