Indesit WG1034T

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The washing machine does everything apart from the fast spin at the end which is obviously annoying! Granted, its a few years old but were moving house next month and just want a cheap, quick fix before buying a new one after Xmas. PLEASE HELP!! :(

Sponsored Links
There is a chance that the machine is draining too slowly and water in the tub is inhibiting the spin but these machines are prone to a type of timer malfunction that also gives this symptom. If its a draining problem you can usually get it to do the fast spin by doing one or more additional spin cycles.

fido is right to check pump first.
he's also right about the timer.
i've found in many cases that by removing the multiplugs from the timer and tightening the connections the machine wil spin fine after that.

Thanks Gents. Is it straight forward to remove the multiplugs from the timer? If so, how do i access them?

Sponsored Links
take off the lid and they are on the underside of the timer. easiest for you would be remove one at a time. nip the connections SLIGHTLY and replace. only afetr checking the pump first.
also one of my customers today had the same fault. guess what! she'd pressed the spin cancel button. have you? and before you ask, no i didn't charge for the call.

Thanks Keith. Will have a look tomorrow hopefully when i'm off. When you say take off the lid, do you mean the back panel? Sorry, i'm no expert on washers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back