Indesit widl146 Easy Iron Light Flashing (light 2)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I feel a bit cheeky asking for help on a first post, but if you can help me ith would be great.

(in return I can offer car or photoshop or flash help!)

My easy iron light flashes, along with the door lock light. For a while I could re-try it and it would work, but now its not working at all!!

Any ideas where to start?

Thanks in advance

Ger

(Bridgend, Wales)

Sponsored Links
what number light is it 1 2 3 4 ignore door lock light

I found this on another post, but am not entirely sure what to do with it:

f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty

ive read it could be a dead pressure switch, or gunked up, but dont really know where to look.

Do I need to turn he machine upside down etc?!

Cheers
Ger

Why on earth would you want to turn a washing machine upside down?
I don't know why this idea started on here but you won't find any engineer (or at least one that knows about machines) doing this.
If you do, you'll probably do some damage to it.

However, to your problem. UNPLUG the machine first. Then take the top off. You need to look at the pressure system. Find the pressure switch, remove the small bore hose attached to it and make sure that this hose is clear all the way back into the drum.

Sponsored Links
Thanks sleepyhead I will try that tonight.

As for turning it upside down - that was my idea :oops:
I know that the bottom is 'open' and I didnt realsie the top came off.

Thnks Again

Ger

ok, ive had a thorough look, but still no joy.

I took the tube off the pressure switch and made sure it was clear. I also blew into the switch and it made a click. Lastly I took off all the tubes from the switch down to the filer on the bottom front panel, and made sure they were all clear. (one contains a big white ball).

I put it all together and the lights came on again after about 20 seconds of flowing water, the same as last night.

Then as the lights come on theres some small motor type noise coming from a contraption top of the drum. After about 1 minute this stops, but the lights remain.

Any further suggestions before I have to submit to calling the breakdown?

(could the electronics of the switch be knackered?)

Ger

that noise is the dryer fan thats come on ,pcb gone needs a new one plus eprom about 120 .00 . call indesit cost will be 89.00 all in or scrap it :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back