Indesit WIXE127 won't stop loading water and not spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with my Indesit WIXE127 washing machine. If I set any of the programmes the machine keeps loading and pumping in water and doesn't stop. It therefore doesn't spin.

I am able to drain the water via the drain setting on the machine so this would indicate the there is no blockage.

If I set the spin setting on the dial, the washing machine spins so the belt appears to be working ok.

I've checked the filter for any blockage/obstacles but I couldn't find anything in there.

I'm testing the washing machine without any load at the moment because when I had a load of clothes in there it stopped working and they were soaking wet so didn't want to risk it again. If there's no load should the machine keep filling up? Is it ok to test the washing machine without a load?

Does anyone know what else it could be?

Sponsored Links
Poss pressure pipe split / disconnected

Hi rocks1. Thanks for reply.

How can I check if it's the pressure pipe? Or is there a test for this?

Thanks

Look at it pull it off and check it. It's on the right hand side a long black rubber pipe going to the bottom of the drum.

Sponsored Links
Look at it pull it off and check it. It's on the right hand side a long black rubber pipe going to the bottom of the drum.

Ok I've checked that and it seems to be ok. I can't see any splits.

Any other ideas on what else it could be?

Take the pipe off , put it in a bowl of water submerged and blow though it then block the other end off and blow again you should not see any bubbles at all if i do it's split.

Take the pipe off , put it in a bowl of water submerged and blow though it then block the other end off and blow again you should not see any bubbles at all if i do it's split.

OK I will double check this evening.

In the event that there are no splits after testing, what else could it be?

Hi everyone,

Our Indesit WIXE127 has just devloped the exact same fault. I think it must be related to the fact that we moved home as it didn't do it before but has since. We self-moved so I know it didn't get any knocks and wasn't dropped or anything and I re-installed the transport bolts before we moved it.

If munkyman sees this, did the pressure pipe fix the problem? If not can anyone else suggest a solution?

We have found that programme 10 (30 degrees quick wash) works correctly but for all of the rest it just repeats the wash cycle over and over until you manually start a spin cycle.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi rocks1, thanks for the suggestion.

No I don't think so, it's around half the height of the washing machine and presumably if it was something like that it would be the same on all programmes? It's working normally on '10'.

Check the heater at the back also the filter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back