IndesitWDG1195 keeps filling/emptying & too cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. My Indesit washer dryer WG1195WG has a problem with washing whenever heated water is involved (not rinsing or spinning, which are fine). The drum turns and agitates the clothes fine. However, as the machine enters a wash cycle, water continually enters the drum (sounds like a waterfall), the level in the drum rises about an inch, and then you hear water being pumped out and the level drops an inch. This keeps happening, and stops the program progressing. I eventually turn the dial to the next click, but the same happens again until I turn it to rinsing (when everything becomes normal). The other symptom is that it only heats up a little (unless I set it on a 90 degree wash, when it heats to about 35-40 degrees).

The other relevant thing is that I have, for many years, had to set the wash temperature higher than the stated temperature in order for the water to be hot enough (setting to 55 degrees for a 40 wash), though I have never before had this problem with continually filling water and the machine stalling in its program.

I have tried quite a few things, though none has solved the problem:
1. Replaced the PCB with a new one - same symptoms.
2. Checked for blockage in drain hose - none found.
3. Checked for blockage in air pressure switch - can blow into it and hear it click, so don't think it's that.
4. Removed the element - looks fine and electrically tested by a friend as good.
5. Removed the adjustable thermostat - again electrically tested by a friend as OK.

I now don't know what to do! I feel that it is most likely a thermostat problem as water WILL heat, just not enough. Also, a webpage said: "Indesit washing machines (and some others) for example can force the washing machine into a constant cycle of filling with cold water and pumping the water away if it thinks the washing machine is overheating (possible faulty thermistor)" [http://www.washerhelp.co.uk/diy-repair-help_7.html]. But the electrics apparently look OK.

Please help!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back