Indicator paint for ceilings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I am planning a spot of DIY for the easter weekend (mad I know) and looking at starting to do all of the ceilings.

I have heard about an indicator white emulsion that is pink when it goes on the turns white when dry?

Is this a gimmic or is it worth paying the extra for it? I have quite a large ceiling to do.

Also what paint can anyone reccomend. I did use a tub of trade emulsion from wickes a few years ago to paint a newly plastered wall. It was great. I then bought white emulsion from b and q (crown) and it was terrible!

Thanks

Lee

Sponsored Links
I personally think it is a gimmick, you can see where you have painted because it will look wet, work from width to width and if you do miss bits then go over when dry. I don't have a personal preference to which white emulsion to go for but did use a crown on a job recently and found the coverage to be crap, also used on the walls and again the coverage was the same. Whatever you choose make it a Matt emulsion

Its a bit of a gimmick, its a DIY product to make painting a ceiling with one coat of emulsion easier,

Get a good Quality trade Matt Emulsion use as directed, a COUPLE of coats should give a good finish,
there is no short cut to doing a good job.

White over white and crown will cover in one coat - did it just last week. If you want top stuff then Johnstone's CovaPlus is good.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for your replies. We have a Johnstone paint outlet near where I live so will have a look and see what they have.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back