Individual parquet flooring tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone knows where I can get a hold of a just a handful of parquet flooring tiles of 1150mm x 220mm in individual tile size?

I have a couple of gaps next to a wall that I want to fill - probably caused by the structural movement of the house (yes, had some subsidence problems in the past).

Some people sell the reclaimed tiles on eBay, but only in large quantities.

Cheers,

Labud

Sponsored Links
5-finger mosaic is nowadays only available in metric sizes I'm afraid. 120mm long x 24mm wide

... parquet flooring tiles of 1150mm x 220mm in individual tile size?

Ooops, that of course, was a typo - I meant 115mm x 22mm!

I would also (even, mostly) be interested in the reclaimed tiles - I am sure there must be some people trying to get rid of them!

Depending upon the species can you not just buy a lenght of timber and cut it into place?
When we were buying the house we are in now the one room looked to have a parquet floor although it was very dirty. When we started cleaning it up we discovered that it was actually 4mm ply cut into "blocks" and fixed down. We needed to replace a couple where we had sanded too deep but the result is pretty good really.

Sponsored Links
I would also (even, mostly) be interested in the reclaimed tiles - I am sure there must be some people trying to get rid of them!
have you ask your neighbours? That's how an existing client got hold of spare "fingers".

have you ask your neighbours? That's how an existing client got hold of spare "fingers".

Will do, thanks for the suggestion. Although it could take some time until I find ones that do have it - from what I've seen most have renovated their houses and put new floors. In the meantime I'll keep looking for the "fingers" elsewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back