Induction Hob Ratings

I know my induction pulsed to limit output, so there is no reason why they should not share as one hot spot turns on, another turns off, however only the manufacturer can tell you how it actually works.

It has surprised me how low an output will cook food, I have a very cheap Lidi induction for use in the caravan which I used when looking after mother, it turned on at 1 kW and could be turned up to 2 kW or down I think to around 150 watt, and in the main I would turn it down. Most cooking did not need over 750 watt.

The main thing I would say is you want knobs, not touch control, with knobs one can turn it off or down quickly, but with touch controls they are too slow, and you have to lift pan rather than turn it down.

Also some of the touch controls you can't see if your low down, so can't use in a wheel chair, and children can't see the word hot because too low of an angle.

The main cooker has boost, but except for plain water it can't be used, it is too much and simply burns food onto the pan.
Induction jobs have no ”hot spots”.

Sponsored Links
I have the PUE611BB1E 4kW version.

Boost only works if there are no other rings on. Otherwise the hob flashes 9 (max non boost power). As above boost is only for big stir fries and boiling pasta water.

If you put all rings on 9, the hob applies proportionally less power to each ring.

I have the PUE611BB1E 4kW version.

Boost only works if there are no other rings on. Otherwise the hob flashes 9 (max non boost power). As above boost is only for big stir fries and boiling pasta water.

If you put all rings on 9, the hob applies proportionally less power to each ring.
I've done some more reading today - in as much as I've compared the three user manuals to each other and I've gained a better understanding of how the hobs work. I've decided I'm just going to get the 7.4kW seeing as my budget and my supply allows, but though I'd share my findings for other people who may be interested or find it useful.

So if you take the 3kW models, you can only use boost on one ring if no other ring is on. The boost is also restricted to 3kW on this model whereas it can go up to 3.1kW or 3.7kW on the larger rings of the higher models. If you turn all rings on 9, less power will be applied proportionally. Part of this is the rings cycling on and off but the cycling is reduced to ensure the current draw is below 3kW at all times. In other words, you won't get 9 out of each ring if they're all powered on.

The 4.6kW model works in much the same way except this "proportioning" is less significant, and the boosts can go up to the full power of 3.1kW or 3.7kW.

On the 7.4kW model, boost can be applied to two rings simultaneously, though only one of the left two and one of the right two; it's not possible to boost both left hand rings or both right hand rings simultaneously, as they are wired in pairs. If I've remembered rightly, the other ring in a pair which is being boosted, can't be used at the same time. This does mean that you can have upto two boosts simultaneously (subject to the above restriction) one boost and two rings on 9 (again subjective to those two rings being "opposite" the one being boosted), or all 4 rings running on 9.

Sponsored Links
I have just bought a PIE651BB1E 7.4kW and would like to use the power management feature to run it at 3kW it in 13A 3 wire plug to at least be able to cook on 1 ring until I get the 32A cooker circuit installed to enable all 4, however the assembly/installation instructions (page 4) doesn't include a 3 wire option in the wiring diagram. I was wondering if I should use one of the included brass links to link the lives 2 and 3. There is one brass link already bridging the neutrals 4 & 5 and there are 2 spare links. Someone posted a photo of the PUE611BF1B 3.7kW plug's wiring and lives 2 and 3 do not appear to be linked (also shown on page 4 of it's instructions) but perhaps it is different inside. What would you do?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back