Industrial electrics

AdamW said:
Are they for the new Triton Megawatt range of showers?

Can I get them in a format to suit my 60A Wylex plug-in type?

The new Triton Giga-ow-that's-hot shower units come with a direct replacement for the Wylex BS 3036 fuse. It's a sawn-off six-inch nail!

Sponsored Links
You jest...

I've seen just that in a 13A plug top, running a 4kW immersion.

OOh, where can I get a 4kW immersion? I wired the radial in 4mm and thought it would be great to get some stonking great immersion instead of the 3kW standard one I have.

how do ye wire welders over there? Sawn off nail in plugtop is common here (they won't even clamp it properly in place) Along with the occasional case of stripping wire back (with a cig. lighter) and shove it into the socket directly.
Earth wire falls out as it's not held in the guard - what the f*ck it still works :confused:

Sponsored Links
Adam

Mostly you get 3kW today, but in good old days they were higher. If you type in "4kW immersion heaters" to Google, you get this link, which claims to make 4kW, but I cannot see where on the site they mention it - could ring them, though.

www.heatweb.com/thermtec.htm

"11/4"BSP Heaters" includes the 4kW heater. Apparently commonly used in Europe and the Middle East.

So many possible jokes, yet I don't want to be accused of reading the Daily Mail. Again... ;)

thumbs.gif

Sorry Adam

Guess they're not available in the Uk anymore, but once they were common.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back