Infinite Prime House Alarm - Keypad locked up.. Help..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an infinite prime house alarm installed. I came to disarm the alarm yesterday and the keypad is completely locked up and I was unable to disarm using the main keypad. The alarm went off.

I was lucky enough to disarm it using the GSM module by texting the alarm but this was after about 5 minutes of finding the codes etc.

The keypad remains locked and none of the buttons work. I can't even get into the Installer menu.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I was considering opening the panel up, remove the battery backup and then turn it off at the mains to completely reset it. However I know that when you open the front panel the alarm goes off and you have to enter a code to stop it BUT I won't be able to as the keypad is locked and I don't want to rely on just the GSM sms module to stop it in case it doesn't this time.

I've got a key fob but the batteries are flat as its never been used so don't even know if it will have kept its registration to the unit if I replace the batteries? Any ideas?

If I do a full power reset will I lose all of my config and setup?

Any advise is more than welcome as I am a little stuck right now

Sponsored Links
don't use these units , but the keypad is built into the main unit from memory.

as you can reset with the gsm module, opening it and closing it isn't a big issue?

Most alarm systems will keep there wireless devices unless the panel or wireless expanders are defaulted.

If the keypad is a remote wireless keypad and its not responding then opening it up probably wont set the alarm off, when the batteries are out in it may or may not activate the alarm as it depends on how it deals with the tamper.

There is a fair chance that it needs battery replacement, the built in keypad isn't wireless, however if its the remote keypad it could be signal jamming.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back