Info Needed on Aga/Coalbrookdale Little Wenlock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Anyone familiar with these stoves ?

I picked up one of these second hand and the glass needs replacing. I have a new piece of glass and the retaining frame, but not sure if something is missing. Do I need sealing rope between the door and the glass and the glass and the retainer ? The inner side of the door isn't particularly flat so I would have thought I'd need rope in there. There is a small channel running around the retainer but it's only a few mm wide. I don't like the idea of glass and hot metal touching with nothing in between.

I have seen mention of ceramic gaskets for these stoves on the net, but haven't seen anyone selling them.

I think the stove is a Mk 2. It's definitely one of the older ones with a number of small windows rather than one large one and it has a 5" flue (weren't the Mk 1's 4" ?).

I contacted Aga for instructions but haven't had a reply.

Cheers,
Rich.

Sponsored Links
Pay a visit to your local coal merchant, who if he stocks stoves will sell you all the parts you need. He will give you a length of rope gasket and the glue for sticking it into that groove. You will also learn lots of useful stuff about your stove if you don't go on a Saturday morning!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back