Wood burner back boiler installation advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently I purchased a used Coalbrookdale Little Wenlock wood burner with a back boiler,
It has been stripped down, sandblasted and reassembled with new rope, glass (still waiting for a pair of matching fire bricks, either concrete or clay preferably not both as received by two companies so far, I have returned one mismatched set, I am told that it doesn’t matter, you don’t see them, maybe I am being to fussy, I do however wear matching socks.) :rolleyes:
It’s had a couple of coats of stove polish and a buff up with a brass wire brush attachment for a small grinder and looks great.
I am very happy with the result, now I need to start thinking about the installation.
I have a small 2 bed bungalow and would only want/need one radiator in the hallway, would someone be kind enough to show me a link to the schematics plan or a drawing for a suitable system, if possible without a pump.
Many thanks in advance for any help, tips and advice.

Sponsored Links
You're on the wrong forum mate, there's very few on here that'll know anything about gravity circulation. Most on here are six week course cowboys. If you PM me son I'll sort you out.

I'd post the details up, but I'm not passing on my skills to these f..king chancers..... ;)

Wasted your time.
You'll soon get bored with filling the thing with wood.
People don't realise the quantity of wood that is needed
to provided any quantity of heat and soon get bored
with filling it cleaning it etc. Not to mention it will
never repay the cost of it and installation.
Best thing you can do with it is ebay it.

(Gravity circulation has no place in a modern central heating system ;) )

Sponsored Links
Delta will give you good advice. But if you want to try another forum where you won't get fobbed off try the Navitron solid fuel section.
Ignore dwackwell. Thats his usual cut and paste.

You're on the wrong forum mate, there's very few on here that'll know anything about gravity circulation. Most on here are six week course cowboys. If you PM me son I'll sort you out.

I'd post the details up, but I'm not passing on my skills to these f..king chancers..... ;)

Pah! You cheeky haggis eating old sod... ;)

Pah! You cheeky haggis eating old s**... ;)

:LOL: :LOL:

Navitron is full of goaty bearded retired Teachers & oily rag engineers, with too much time on their hands. They're only surpassed by the Green Wash Treehuggers & general hippy gimps!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back