wood burner install advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of installing a wood burning stove in my house and wondered if anyone could give me some advice on how to install it please. I was planning on dropping a 6" twin wall flexible flue down and backfilling with vermiculite. My Stove is 6" flue outlet so vitreous enamel from there with a sweep point straight up through the register plate - how do you seal around the vitreous through the register plate? My chimney has been taken down to just below the ridge and was wondering how do you connect from flexible twin wall to rigid twin wall and how do you support/clamp it on the roof/chimney opening.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
My advice would be to employ a properly trained and qualified HETAS registered engineer

A diyer fitted a wood burner set fire to his house and was fined £7,000.00 thereabouts dont even attempt it ! pay a professional you or your family could end up dead from carbon monoxide ...yes even fro a woodburner !

Sponsored Links
Agree with the others but have a read here;
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=254122
also read all the links in the thread.

You will need a compliance certificate for the stove when you come to sell & if you cant produce one in the event of a problem, you could invalidate your house insurance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back