Info required on this product please.........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just ordered some of this stuff -

http://www.choiceful.com/choiceful-id-715-Unibond-No-More-Nails-Translucent-Tape-19mm-x-1-5Mtr.html

Basically, I have just re done our bathroom at a huge cost and I've used very expensive porcelain tiles. I dont want to drill any shower trays etc in the shower so I thought this stuff would be perfect :D

My only worry is how easy it will come off after? I only want to really mount a soap dish and shampoo/shower gel tray but when this goes rusty (which they all do after 12 months or so) will it be easy to remove ALL of the adhesive and leave no trace of it on the tile?

I have looked at other methods like the suckers etc but because it is a natural tile (I presume semi porous??) the suckers wont work :evil:

Any info appreciated!

cheers

Sponsored Links
I've just ordered some of this stuff -

http://www.choiceful.com/choiceful-id-715-Unibond-No-More-Nails-Translucent-Tape-19mm-x-1-5Mtr.html

Basically, I have just re done our bathroom at a huge cost and I've used very expensive porcelain tiles. I dont want to drill any shower trays etc in the shower so I thought this stuff would be perfect :D

My only worry is how easy it will come off after? I only want to really mount a soap dish and shampoo/shower gel tray but when this goes rusty (which they all do after 12 months or so) will it be easy to remove ALL of the adhesive and leave no trace of it on the tile?

I have looked at other methods like the suckers etc but because it is a natural tile (I presume semi porous??) the suckers wont work :evil:

Any info appreciated!

cheers
Porcelain is not a natural product like a marble or travertine type tile.
Sorry, but I've not used that sticky tape so can't vouch for its worth. Personally, I'd recommend spending a bit more and getting good quality fittings that won't go rusty and screw them to the walls.

There is NO product out there that will not rust, believe me!

In my last bathroom I spent £70, yes £70 on a corner shower unit that was only big enough for a couple of bottles of shampoo and it rusted in just over a year :evil:

Sponsored Links
There is NO product out there that will not rust, believe me!
Balls.
In my last bathroom I spent £70, yes £70 on a corner shower unit that was only big enough for a couple of bottles of shampoo and it rusted in just over a year :evil:
So your experience of being ripped off ONCE, has led you to form an opinion on every product out there? :confused:
A decent chrome plated one will not show any signs of rust for donkeys years. But if you don't believe me, get yourself a decent stainless product and you'll have no problems. Ever seen a rusty stainless kitchen sink? :rolleyes:

I have one of these in chrome http://89.145.100.46/epages/webstore.storefront/?ObjectPath=/Shops/bristan/Products/"N WIRE C"
Got if for a fiver from my local plumbers merchants in a bargain bucket of stuff they were selling off. ;) Has been fitted for at least 3 years and is as pristine as it was when I bought it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back